I am a fan of texture. It makes things more interesting and can be created in a variety of ways. Pattern play, unique fabrics, and interesting shapes can create texture in an outfit. That’s part of the reason I’m loving the velvet trend lately. It’s all about adding some depth to an outfit.
Today’s texture comes in the form of pleats. I grabbed this shirt during an after Christmas sale at COS and it’s easily one of my favorites. The color is perfect for fall. The deep olive tone so perfectly captures the mood of fall. It’s still pushing 80 degrees out here in Texas but this top suits the warm fall temperatures well. Transitional dressing it a real thing for those of us who don’t actually get fall.
This shirt is my go-to when I’m not quite sure what to wear. It’s easy to throw on and makes a statement without much effort. I get so many compliments on it too. Who knew a simple shirt would be such a win for my closet? It’s great when you can find clothing workhorses that help stretch your dollar further.
photography by Maribel Morales
Prepare for Pleats
I’ve added some of my favorite pleated items below – shop til you drop!
1. Nicholas V-neck Dress via Neiman Marcus
2. Metallic Midi Dress via H&M
3. Trouve Faux Leather Skirt via Nordstrom
4. Sparkle Skirt via H&M (perfect for the holidays & currently in my shopping cart!)
5. Elizabeth & James Metallic Skirt via Neiman Marcus
6. Co Pleated Button Down via Farfetch
7. Ulla Johnson Dress via Barneys
8. Little Remix Tiered Skirt via Barneys
Til next time!